> In a message dated 8/19/06 6:33:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> As I  mentioned earlier the date of your poll was in January or
2006. The
> >  date of my poll is May 11 2006. Evidently people have changed
their minds
> and
> > support the program in place once they heard the  debate.
> >

> Or had forgotten the debate in the first  place.
>
> What do the polls show now about the President vs the  courts.
>

> Spair, why do you think people in general are stupid and can't
> remember the  debate? As for the polls now? I haven't seen any. I
> think most people want to  wait and see what the courts say, even
> through the appeal. I personally don't think many people are that
> informed on both sides of the issue, but I do think  most people
> want the NSA program in place since it has been so successful.

Nobody is against the NSA program, MDixon.  What they're
against is WARRANTLESS wiretapping.

And we have no idea whether WARRANTLESS wiretapping
has been successful, because the results of it are
classified.

It was not used, incidentally, in the recent arrests
in Great Britain.  All the wiretapping in that case
was done on the basis of warrants.

> You  never know how this is going to go down in the Supreme Court.
They may