--- jyouells2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Maybe  Maharishi isn't fully convinced about the
> physiological
> correlates either. Otherwise he would get wired up
> and provide a
> baseline to speed up the research.

Physiological correlates would only relate to
conditions of the mind. And there are many, many
conditions of the mind from gross to very, very
subtle.  But I don't know if any "physiological
correlate" of Realization will ever be established.
Consciousness is "outside" of time and space. The mind
can not quantify it; measure it. From the perspective
of the mind, pure consciousness is absolutely nothing;
emptiness; death; annihilation. Perhaps the best that
could be done would be the impact on brain function of
that Realization. But would there be a common EEG
signature for all brains? I don't know. Right now I
doubt it. It would be interesting to take MMY, Amma
and SSRS and look at the similarities and
disimilarities of their brain functioning. I'm curious
what Fred Travis has come up with correlating specific
enlightenment experiences with EEG function on the TM
path (because I'm sure it would vary depending upon
the path/techniques).