> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <jyouells@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@> wrote:

> > > Physiological correlates would only relate to
> > > conditions of the mind. And there are many, many
> > > conditions of the mind from gross to very, very
> > > subtle.  But I don't know if any "physiological
> > > correlate" of Realization will ever be established.
> > > Consciousness is "outside" of time and space. The mind
> > > can not quantify it; measure it. From the perspective
> > > of the mind, pure consciousness is absolutely nothing;
> > > emptiness; death; annihilation. Perhaps the best that
> > > could be done would be the impact on brain function of
> > > that Realization. But would there be a common EEG
> > > signature for all brains? I don't know. Right now I
> > > doubt it. It would be interesting to take MMY, Amma
> > > and SSRS and look at the similarities and
> > > disimilarities of their brain functioning. I'm curious
> > > what Fred Travis has come up with correlating specific
> > > enlightenment experiences with EEG function on the TM
> > > path (because I'm sure it would vary depending upon
> > > the path/techniques).
> > >

> > Even if Fred used others, he would have to depend on the grokking
> > of MMY, Amma, and SSRS or someone to give the nod to the folks used
> > to establish the baseline signature. Have to start somewhere.
> >

> Actually, Fred asked for volunteers who were reporting long-term
24/7 witnessing. He
> interviewed them and found correlations between how they reported
their internal
> perception of "self" and their EEG and other physiological measures:
>
> http://www.brainresearchinstitute.org/research/ConcCog2004.pdf
>
> > Can't help comparing Earl's question to MMY about why he doesn't
> > establish a group, when I think about this .... The EEG stuff is
> > good PR and grant getting material.
>
> Again, which state? And, while perhaps I misremember the original
letter, my recollection
> is that Kaplan reported MMY as saying "there is no evidence that
what you say would
> happen would happen." Kaplan took this to be referring to the ME. I
took it to be referring
> to financial support from a grateful world...

Anything CC or above would be satisfactory for measurement puposes if
they were looking for 'stable' patterns .

"This version of my story really starts about three years ago.  I was
sitting with Maharishi privately, because at the time I had an open
invitation to come to Vlodrop and sit with Mahesh whenever I wanted
to.  At that time I knew that Mahesh had many tens of millions of
dollars, the money he needed to create a 10,000 group.  He was talking
about building big buildings, buying airlines, etc. etc.  I said,
Maharishi, since you have the money and supposedly you have enough
pundits, why don't you create a 10,000 group in India and then the
world will experience peace and the TM movement will gain great
support of the laws of nature and our other activities will work out.
Mahesh looked at me like I was crazy and said "Earl, if we created the
group  then we don't know if it would create world peace or not.  We
would have to have the group and then see what the effect it has."

Earl Kaplans Letter 04/16/2004

Both Earl and Maharishi refer to creating world peace not wether the
the world would support it finacially after the fact.

JohnY