--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Friends at FFLife,
>
> It's been awhile since I've had time or inclination to check in,
but I thought it might be
> useful to relate my experiences applying for the current
superradiance course in progress
> here.
>
> I was officially informed on Sunday that I am not considered
eligible at this time to
> participate, after nearly a month of having my application "in
process".

> I am satisfied that my case was given as fair and favorable a
review as possible under the
> circumstances, and with the exception of one or two moderately
bumpy exchanges, I can
> assure you that my interactions with the course office were
cordial and respectful on both
> sides. The point I am making here is: Yes, things are a bit
different.

> I had not intended to apply for this course, inasmuch as I didn't
see much chance that I
> would be accepted. However, the daily barrage of encouragement
from my many friends
> who were absolutely convinced that I WOULD be accepted took its
toll; I figured that in the
> worst case scenario, I would be able to show them that I was right
and they were wrong.
> And we all know how sweet it is to be right.
>
> During the process, I would have to admit, I was won over. Not so
much by the process
> itself, but by the glowing reports I have been hearing from
countless friends who have
> been participating.
>
> I offer a few observations and conclusions:
>
> Something special is definitely going on here. Not just the
obvious—What? A FREE COURSE
> from the movement?!?—but also in the experiences people are having
and in the
> interactions with Maharishi. Considering how the prospects for the
Movemen's future were
> looking a year ago, it strikes me as nothing short of miraculous.
>
> Furthermore, this could be a one-of-a-kind. There will be crises
in the future, to be sure,
> but whether this opportunity will be available is not a given. I
don't know anyone who
> really expected Maharishi to be interacting so freely with course
participants EVER again.

> Although I have not been participating in the group programs, I
definitely feel the surge of
> wakefulness that has arrived with this course, and am feeling its
benefits.

> I found the process of applying to be useful in terms of letting
go of old garbage—hard
> feelings, etc. I have no regrets about that. For the record, I do
not feel that I compromised
> any of my own ethical principles in this process, nor did I
grovel. Nor do I believe that by
> groveling I could have changed the ultimate result of my
application.

> I even had some unexpectedly positive interactions with Dr
Hagelin, and was sincerely
> impressed by his generally classy responses to my occasionally two-
fisted assertions and
> queries.
>
> I am aware that many of you who are not participating in this
course may be simply
> uninterested, and I am OK with that. However, if you are in the
category (as I was for quite
> some time) of individuals whose reasons for not applying basically
boil down to "hard
> feelings", then I would encourage you to lighten up a bit and take
a chance. I did, and have
> no regrets.
>
> Ciao,
>
> L B S

*****************

I believe that there is no question in your case of practicing
meditation techniques other than TM, so I don't see much of a change
of heart among TM administrators, who are apparently barring you
from the course solely because of your criticism of the way things
are done in the TMO, a stance which does not seem legitimate if the
concern is the vibes in the meditation hall being messed up by
people who are not doing the TM program.

However, even at a distance from Fairfield, I also feel the
improvement in the atmosphere that you have noted (you also noticed
and posted about the big wave of bliss, as did I, living in
Fairfield when the numbers went up sharply for a while post 9/11),
and this is certainly encouraging. As MMY says, any group's leaders
are merely footballs of the group's consciousness, and we can't
expect any big improvement in Hagelin's behavior until the group
supports an improvement. As for now, Hagelin is dominated by
silliness, and the world at large thinks so too:

http://geocities.com/bbrigante/updates2006.html#lower

Bob