> > MMY calls these marmas and thinks there are about 108 of them
> > IIRC. Of these 3 are most important.

107 as I recall from working with an indian who trained for many years
in the tradition that maintains the knowledge of marmas in southern
India. Danur Veda. And one hidden one. (thus 108)

-----
I missed the bulk of this thread. There is no way MMY is confusing
marmas with chakras.

Regarding some past posts on why chakras are not part of TMO
teachings, MMY was very clear on that. He said that he decided early
on not to talk of chakras, kundalini etc. because he looked to past
teachers and movements that had done so and did not find the results
very impressive. He wanted to take a different road.