> > The third eye is the portal to infinity, that's why it's
important!
> > Unfolding of the chakras unfold powers of morality, self control,
> > chastity, descrimination, etc. That is why we meditate, and the
> > unfolding of the chakras is the methodology from which we get
these
> > powers and win the battle of life, (i.e. good over evil).
> >

> So, when does this concept appear? It's not in the Upanishads,
Bhagavad Gita or Yoga Sutras.
> Where is it?

In the Bhagavad Gita it is referred to allegorically (as that is what
the Gita is, an allegory) as the 5 Pandavas which represent the 5
lower
chakras:

Sahadeva=coccyx center=restraint (muladhara chakra). Nakula=sacral
center=obedience (svadhishthana chakra) Arjuna=lumbar=Self control
(manipura chakra)

Bhima=dorsal=vitality (anahata)
Yudisthira=cervical=calmness (vishuddha)

When these powers or 'warriors' come to the aid (are unfolded) of the
chela or 'Arjuna' they fight the evil minded sons of the blind King
Dhritarashtra; lust, greed, avarice and so on.....I could go on but
you
get the idea.

The Gita is an alegorical story about the internal battlefield
(kurukshetra) of man and his struggle with evil (delusion) and the
final victory by ascention to Spirit and the destruction of evil.....