--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Whats the difference between a wine connneseur and a wino sitting
> > on the curb?
> >
> > (the paper bag) :)
>
> ...and the wine...I would never call myself a connesieur (or however
> that is spelled) but I have started to appreciate a wider variety
> than in the past. Champagne will always be my favorite, though
> strictly speaking, and I'm sure Barry appreciates this, I must refer
> to the domestic variety as sparkling wine...

If you're a fan of champagne, you should see whether
your local stores can get ahold of a champagne (or,
as you've pointed out, really a "sparkling wine")
from, of all places, Albuquerque, New Mexico called
Gruet. It's really remarkable.

It makes no sense whatsover. New Mexico should NOT
produce a world-quality wine, much less a world-
quality champagne, but it does. Gruet is the house
champagne at the Plaza in New York and many other
classy hotels in the US. Definitely worth a try
if you run across it.