--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just out of curiousity what do you think of Louis Jadot Beaujolais
> (2005)? I am a Claifornia wine snob mostly, though our French
> neighbor insists on French wine, and I really liked this one and
> bought a bottle...

Don't know the wine, and to be honest don't know all
that much about California wines. I have learned a
bit about reasonably-priced French wines since being
here. Bordeaux are as overpriced here as they are
anywhere else, but there are other regions, and
"finds" that are truly remarkable. With a little
searching and tasting, one can find a wine for three
to five Euros that is vastly superior to wines that
cost ten times that.

One region I like a lot here (and that I visited
while on my recent Road Trip) is the Fitou valley
in Languedoc. Remarkable. The entire region
(Corbieres) is known for its wines, but rarely
for its outstanding wines. But there is this one
valley that is kind of a secret, because the wine
lovers of Southern France don't want all of the
year's production being shipped off up North or
overseas. So they don't tell anyone that they've
got a world-class valley on their hands, and keep
the majority of the local production local. :-)