> Well, this post (not quoted because it's complex HTML)
> from George pretty much clears up any confusion about
> *who* is going to be paying the 500 bucks a month (if
> it's ever paid):
>
> >   "In thinking what he himself could do,
> >   Maharishi said he will ask the wealthy
> >   of America to support Fairfield Yogic
> >   Flyers with scholarships of $500 per month."
>
> I don't know about you, but I'm truly touched.
>
> The guy who runs an organization that has assets valued
> in the billions of dollars is so worried about the state
> of the world that he sits down and asks himself, "What
> can I do?"
>
> And the answer he comes up with is, "Why, I can ask other
> people to pay so that these 2000 yogic flyers can do what
> I want them to do."
>
> It doesn't ever seem to occur to him that a much simpler
> answer to "What can I do?" is "PAY FOR IT MYSELF."
>
> Let's do the math together. He wants 2000 people flying
> in Fairfield. Let's assume that at this point his credi-
> bility is so low that in order to get them to do this
> he'd have to pay *all* 2000 of them to do it. Let's
> further assume that he can find 2000 people stupid enough
> to do this for 500 bucks a month.
>
> 2000 * 500. That would come to one million dollars a month,
> twelve million bucks a year.
>
> For a guy whose personal assets have been estimated
> at a *minimum* of 2 billion dollars, that means that the
> answer to "What can I do?" is "I could pay for this
> program myself for a year for less than one-tenth
> of the INTEREST I earn on 2 billion dollars."

Heh. What personal assets and who has done the estimation?

If you're talking about TMO assets, that includes MUM (probably the largest
single asset)
which made $100K profit last year according to what was posted here.

> And yet the only answer *he* can come up with to the
> question of "What can I do?" is "Demand that other
> people pay for my ideas. Again."
>
> So I ask you -- is THIS the "creative intelligence"
> that decades of meditation creates in one of its
> practitioners?

I ask you, why do you care?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional