> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > >
> > > In a message dated 9/17/06 9:41:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > > jstein@ writes:
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, there are many who say they aren't evolved
> > > enough to handle democracy and need a Saddam
> > >
> > > Who has said that?  Can you give us *just one* name
> > > and quote?
> > >
> > > Yes , A democratic Senator ot Congressman just recently
> > > said that Iraq was better off under Saddam. I think it
> > > was Jay Rockafeller. I'm pretty darned sure Offworld
> > > and Easy1 would agree.
> >
> > I'm asking for a name and quote from someone who
> > says Iraqis aren't evolved enough to handle
> > democracy.  I gather you just made that part up.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/nw4wc

Not only does not one of these Google hits say
anything about Iraqis not being able to handle
democracy because they aren't evolved enough, not
one expresses the opinion that Iraqis can't handle
democracy *for any reason*.

The closest any of them comes is to say (as of
January 2005) that they weren't prepared for an
election because of a lack of security and lack
of education about the issues.  (He was wrong on
that point, in that elections were indeed held;
whether they should be considered a successful
exercise in democracy is another question
entirely.)

All the rest, Shemp, were *disagreeing* with the
proposition that Iraqis can't handle democracy.  And
this was obvious just from the text included in the
list of hits; you didn't have to actually look at
the pages to realize that.

But you didn't even bother to read the hits.