--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If Debbie became psychotic the very last thing she
> > > needs is a long program! She needs to place her
> > > attention 100% in the relative and not drift off
> > into
> > > some mental laya. Exercise, activity that fully
> > > engages her mind and FOOD.
> > >
> > Who said she was ever psychotic?
>
> I can almost (almost) assure you that she has/had
> symptoms of psychosis, the most common psychological
> disorder from too much TM and TM-siddhis program.

Especially in people who have just lost their
spouse, right?

 In
> fact all the cases of "madness" from TM that I know
> about are experiences of psychosis. Also, you only get
> commited for psychotic symtoms.

Definition of Psychosis

Psychosis: In the general sense, a mental illness that markedly
interferes with a person's capacity to meet life's everyday demands.
In a specific sense, it refers to a thought disorder in which reality
testing is grossly impaired.

Symptoms can include seeing, hearing, smelling, or tasting things
that are not there; paranoia; and delusional thoughts. Depending on
the condition underlying the psychotic symptoms, symptoms may be
constant or they may come and go. Psychosis can occur as a result of
brain injury or disease, and is seen particularly in schizophrenia
and bipolar disorders....Diagnosis is by observation and interview.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=5110

> These can accompany
> severe mood disorders, but I doubt Debbie had that
> diagnosis.

You don't think she could have been clinically
depressed?

Would a suicide attempt be enough to have
someone committed?

Also, when someone is committed, as I understand
it, it's because they aren't willing or able to
sign themselves into the hospital.

The original quote from Rick Ross's board says her
parents "had her admitted," not "committed." That
may be simply imprecise use of terminology; or it
may reflect that her parents convinced (or pressured)
her to sign herself in.  It's possible she was
clear-headed enough (if she were seriously
depressed, say) to recognize that her parents were
right and that she needed to be hospitalized (in
which case she would not have had to have been
psychotic per se).

Because her parents apparently played a major role,
we're assuming they went through the full-dress
legal procedure and therefore that she must have
been psychotic.  But that's on the basis of an
at least second-hand informal report, something the
person says she was told (no source mentioned).

The last three sentences of that post give a pretty
clear idea of this person's agenda:

"The Inside TM-myth about Debbie's condition, 'Doug and Debbie were
soul mates. They were totally connected as one soul in two bodies.
When Doug died, Debbie no longer had a purpose for living'

"In reality, IMHO, once the guru got the bucks.. he had no further
use for her.

"The individuality was erroded [sic] so slowly & insidiously. The
highly honored devotees at the top (of any cultic group) totally
surrendered their sense of self to the leader.."

It certainly sounds as though the "Inside TM-myth" is
that Debbie was depressed, as I suggested.  (I suspect
that if she "surrendered her sense of self" to anybody,
it was to Henning himself.)

In any case, I wouldn't put it past this person to
try to make it sound as though her illness were *so*
bad her parents had to commit her, without actually
using the term "committed."

This person may have no idea of the circumstances,
and hence neither do we.

 What th f*ck is she doing on a long
> program? She's going to relapse again if someone
> doesn't know what they are doing.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: