> Thanks, Curtis! That's way interesting. The Finnish "translation" is,
> to say the least, rather lame; something like "those, who have
> chosen not to marry". The Latin goes like "qui se ipsos
> castraverunt"... (those who castrate themselves), and the German
> "die sich selbst verschnitten haben um des Himmelreichs willen."

Thanks for the follow up.  The Latin is even scarier especially
considering Catholic's long reliance on that language.  I like the
Finnish dodge which is the current way to make the problem go away.
That is does not make sense in the statement does not matter to
believers.  There is only one path to making oneself a eunuch!
Anymore insights on the original words is appreciated.  If it is all
clear in Aramaic that would be interesting.

With a history of Castrati singers man's casual attitude towards
another man's manhood is dark.  This verse inspired a whole cult which
swept through prisons in the South US to take him at his word.  I am
looking for the reference to those guys.  The Heaven's Gate cult was a
recent example of a castration cult. I guess I got off easy with TM!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > > Nothing compared to the issues found in people who practice
> > Kundalini techniques. How
> > > many TMers grab butcher knives and castrate themselves?
> >
> > I know of one documented case in the movement.
> >
> > With the popular teacher Jesus advocating it, I am surprised it is
> not
> > more common among believers:
> >
> >  Matthew 19:12
> > "For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's
> > womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there
> > are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the
> > kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept
> it."
> >
> > It caused a weird cult of people "accepting it" around the time of
> > Marcus Garvey.
> >
> > Nice topic!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional