--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, rama krishna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
>    -"A wise man should avoid married life as if it were a burning
pit of live coals. From the contact comes sensation, from sensation
thirst, from thirst clinging, by ceasing from that, the soul is
delivered from all sinful existence."
>   - Lord Buddha
<snip>

Sorry, but this is just complete bullsh*t, and I'd bet my life
Buddha never said this. I guess the first thing that comes to mind
is why sensation leads to thirst. Sure it does if the Self is not
realized and someone is lost in the play of the senses. (But even if
they are, how will they develop a desire to transcend that if they
don't experience it?)

How weak would someone be that the only way they could avoid
attachment would be to avoid sensation. The whole thing is so
perverted. What do we do, go through life wrapped up like mummies,
or encased like fetuses? A rediculous, immature and poorly thought
out quotation from someone who hadn't a clue about Buddha's teaching.

The other thing that occurs to me when reading all these high-minded
quotations about celibacy, is Who Makes The Babies? All the
supposedly lowly ignorant folk? And if this is so, what do you think
their kids would be like?

Stupid stuff. Maybe for monks, but nothing of value here for worldly
folk. Only adds to sexual repression and confusion, and um, seems
like there's enough of that to go around already. No more
puritanical ideas, please.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: