> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> wrote:
> >

> > --- authfriend <jstein@> wrote:
> >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > > <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > How profound can the experiences be if the person
> > > having them is so bruised by a few negative comments
> > > that he feels he has to withdraw into silence?
> >
> > I take them at face value. Why would someone's
> > reactions to negative comments somehow negate or
> > diminish such experiences?
>
> Exactly my point.
>
> > How do we know said parties
> > are "bruised" and are wimpy-wimps because they
> > withdraw into silence.
>
> That's what you seemed to me to be suggesting.
>
>  When someone characterizes your
> > experience as "sh*t" why would anyone speak about them
> > again? Sharing experiences is not a debate.
>
> I don't recall anyone suggesting that the
> experiences Rory posted were "sh*t," but even
> if someone had, that's one someone on a forum
> read by quite a few people.  Why would you fold
> your tents and steal away because of one, or
> even a few, negative comments?
>
> If there was a veritable *barrage* of attacks,
> such that it appeared nobody was receptive to
> the account of experiences, then it would make
> sense ("pearls before swine" and all that).
>
> But that simply hasn't been the case with the
> reaction to Rory's post.

Ok, duh. Now I see where you're coming from. I interpreted your
earlier comment as smackdown on Rory, and since Rory is my Guru Dev;
he is my true "I" and knows me better than I know myself, I went into
knee-jerk defensive mode. Truth is, I loved Rory, and I was with him
when he died.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: