I believe his detailed description of his "awareness" and "state of
consciousness" was a dramatic and imaginative way to describe the peak
experiences that we all have, in or out of TM.

I went to a private zoo yesterday in perfect pre-Fall weather.  I had
amazing experiences interacting with the big cats.  In this zoo you
can get really close and I was often alone with them, since it was a
weekday.  I got charged by a white tiger and a lion, one playful, and
one seemed pretty serious, although she chilled out before she hit the
fence.  The experience of them locking onto my eyes and running
towards me was such a peak experience for me.  It made me feel alive
in a sudden burst of clarity.  The lion roared for me to make our
relationship clear, and the sound was Rig Veda on steroids!  She made
her whole throat into a straight tube and it reverberated throughout
the whole zoo. I  got to speak to the mountain lion from very close,
and he reacted like my own cats, displaying all the friendly face
rubbing behaviors that I am familiar with.  Such a beautiful animal.
So much presence behind those eyes.  They also had three 5 month old
Bengal white tiger cubs, and watching them play/fight, honing their
ambush and kill techniques made me laugh out loud many times.  They
were so full of playful menace. Each lighthearted game ended with one
of them clamped down on the other's neck!  I could never work with big
cats myself, but I admire those who do.  Communicating with animals is
one of my most cherished experiences, but I don't think I have the
nerve to put it all on the line in the life and death potential of
working with these animals.  It was enough to be as close as I felt
yesterday.  It was a great day!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: