> > <jflanegi@>

> > > WordPerfect with a Hercules Monochrome Ramfont video card. :)
> >
> > Yeah, the Hercules card.  We called it a "graphics
> > card."  Made it possible to play computer games.
> > Ever play the one where babies were thrown out the
> > windows of a burning building, and you had to catch
> > them before they hit the ground?  I think it was just
> > called "Babies."
> >
> > I used XyWrite, the best DOS word processor ever.  I
> > still use it for certain tasks; it has features even
> > Word lacks.  Incredibly fast, even on a 4.77 mHz
> > processor.  Completely command-driven.
> >
> Not that Hercules card, the 'ramfont' card could load diffent fonts
> into it's ram to give a sort of WYSIWYG. It was a variant of the
> Hercules Graphic Card for heavy duty text processors.

Ah, that was a cut above what I had, then.

> I might still have one around. Never have used XyWrite
> but did use WordStar for DOS.

Probably the second-best DOS word processor.  There
are still folks who use it.  There's a WordStar
command emulator for Word, believe it or not.

> 'Bouncing Babies' I believe it was called :)

Yes, that was it!  There was a little stretcher you
had to manuever underneath the babies.  When they
landed in the stretcher, they bounced into an
ambulance.  The more babies you saved, the faster
the new ones came out the windows.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: