On Oct 15, 2006, at 8:29 PM, Vaj wrote:

On Oct 15, 2006, at 7:43 PM, new.morning wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:

Perhaps I am misreading the benchmarks, but it appears that the dual

core gateway is killing the quad core apple running in native apple

os, and costing twice as much. Seems just like it has been for 20

years.

Am I missing somethhng?

Those aren't native apps. They're running on a PowerPC  emulator

called Rossetta.

OK which is a better test of what I am interested in anyway. Running

Win Aps on a Mac Pro 2x2 to see if there is performance hit for

switching to mac pro  when running needed win apps

The  dual core gateway killed the quad core Mac.  And you site

cost/drive issues, another article slammed apple for its cheap video

card in MAC pro -- and the huge apple mark-up for a "real" card.

Hmm, any more benefits?