> On Oct 16, 2006, at 3:40 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > If I'm wrong about this, read message #118509 and
> > reply in good faith and I'll give you the head-to-
> > head discussion you are obviously so desperate for.
> > But PLEASE stop trying to goad me into the same old
> > tired discussions
>
> There's a whole lotta goadin' goin' on. :)
>
> My take on all this is, fighting with others seems to be
> the force that gives Judy's life meaning.  It validates
> her (in all the wrong ways, of course) and makes her feel
> important, and is something she apparently can do without
> much feeling for whoever happens to be her 'adversary'
> at any given moment.  Hence the need or desire to pick
> fights whenever and wherever she can, even when it comes
> down to dissecting trivia.

Apparently it hasn't occurred to you, Sal, that
you've only seen me on only one electronic forum.  I
actually vastly prefer to have reasonable discussions
with reasonable people of goodwill, which I do on
other forums (and do with reasonable people of goodwill
on *this* forum as well), and of course in "real life."

And even with the people here who are not reasonable
and not of goodwill, I rarely pick the fights.  In
most cases I'm responding to one of them picking a
fight with me.

  So
> while normally I don't respond, every now and then I get the
> feeling maybe it's possible to reach a better aspect of her,

Oh, please.  *Every single time* you've picked a
fight with me, it's been on the basis of taking
something I've said in the worst possible light
and completely missing the point of what I've
*actually* said.  In my book, that's goading.  It's
exactly what Barry and Shemp do.

> which it usually isn't, unfortunately, as the need to be
> the center of attention drives away all the others.

In your case, that would be the need to explain
to you what I *actually* said and meant.  Unfortunately,
it never seems to work.

Oh, wait, yes, it did *once*, and you responded with
an apology.  Don't know what was so different about
that day.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: