In a message dated 10/22/06 2:21:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
How is what MDixon saying contradicting the desire for alternative
> modes of energy?

Try reading what he said. He is implying that without oil we would go
back to the horse and buggy era. Not so MacGurk.

Not at all Nooz. I was saying all of our current standard of living is based on an economy and the technologies of the oil industries. Had we never had that economy or those technologies we would have still been riding in horse and buggies to this day. Just as the horse and buggies were made obsolete hopefully combustion engines will also be obsolete. I'm just not for throwing them out until we have something better to replace them with and currently, we don't.