On Oct 27, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Louis McKenzie wrote:

Once I gave an envelope to Swami Satchitananda. In the envelope was a check.  He accepted the envelope.  I was to drive him to the newark airport.  Great honor.  He motions to me with his finger I go over to hima dn he asks "What is it?" I said it was a check.  He said, " Thank you."  THen he leans over to me again and asks " Is it good?"
I thought Oh Boy this guy is good.   I appreciated his down to earthness.

WHy do we think that a Guru should not be a good business man?   Maharishi's down to earthness has been something that I have had a lot of respect for.

If he was a good businessman I suspect it wouldn't have the problem he does going to certain countries. Did you miss the post on the Indian mafia his business there has created? I suspect the type of behavior we're talking about here is not the type most of us were ever privy to.