I dont think so but along those lines anyway.  What I remember most was when we got the sidhis.  I had been waiting so long.  Had gone through so much to be on the course and all.  I was already doing what was considered flying but not official.  When I heard the first sutra I was shocked.  I felt this was the biggest rip.   Yet I thought if Maharishi said do it might as well try it.  I saw then how silly we americans were if he gave a sutra that was om namaha jiji jiji and said this was the magic mantra that would make us fly there would probably have been people floating through the air.  Yet because it was just some words in english I thought I had been duped.

----- Original Message ----
From: TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 12:40:55 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: A theory of Karma, TMOers, and the TMO's "Persona"

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Louis McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He knew what it was supposed to do. He maybe did not know
> that mechanics of how it would go.

Just a question -- do you (or, for that matter,
does *anyone* here) actually believe that Patanjali's
technique involved thinking "relationship of body and
akasha...lightness of cotton fiber" in ANY language,
much less English?

It *astounds* me that people still believe that what
Maharishi sold to them is what Patanjali had in mind.

TMO's "Persona"

> --- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Louis McKenzie <ltm457@> wrote:
> >
> > this donald Trump style you speak of would that be like
> > knowing that people could never fly really fly or levitate
> > with the flying technique given in the training. Knowing
> > that the first phase technique would only allow a person
> > to bounce, Is that what you mean?
>
> It could also mean having no earthly idea what the
> made-up flying technique would do, just having a cash
> crunch and knowing that people would pay for it no
> matter what it was just because he said to, and being
> willing to use them as guinea pigs. *Paying* guinea
> pigs.
>
> I don't really know that this is true, but based on
> all the stories I heard of the early siddhis courses,
> that's the conclusion I've come to.