<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <ltm457@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > And why were u knocking the beauty?  was the beauty smelly,
> > > was the beauty bad?  Why were you knocking it?
> >
> > No, no, "booty," as in plunder, prize, the spoils
> > of conquest; "knock" as in knock down, conquer,
> > take for oneself.
>
> Actually it was a play on "knocking boots" or sex, but I
> subbed "booty", hip hop for butt. It cannot be twisted into
> a putdown on women. Some women like this activity as much
> as men Judy.  Now am I gunna have to explain "tapped" so
> you don't accuse me of something foul or do you just want
> to turn on your radio sometime and give it a listen?

The exact meaning of the slang is unimportant.
I was commenting more on the triumphalist tone
and the score-keeping, the emphasis on sex
rather than on relationships, which, IMHO, isn't
great for either men or women.

It's one thing when you're young and foolish and
don't know any better--I had more than my share
of casual sex when I was that age, believe me--but
quite another when you're still bragging about it
decades later as if you never got beyond it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: