<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Judy:
> > It's one thing when you're young and foolish and
> > don't know any better--I had more than my share
> > of casual sex when I was that age, believe me--but
> > quite another when you're still bragging about it
> > decades later as if you never got beyond it.
>

> Me:
> There was no triumphalist tone Judy.

Oh, nonsense, of course there was.

  You made it all up.  All my
> "boot knocking" at MIU was in the context of relationships, I was
> never into casual sex since relationship sex is much better for me.
> You made up a put down, and having been called on it, you are
> attempting to continue your farce.  You were wrong about the
> words and what I meant, and even after that is proven to you, you
> hold on to your malicious agenda.  It was a throwaway line for
> people with a sense of humor, only you would try to twist it into
> a putdown of me.

You mean, the way you tried to twist what I wrote
to start with into a slam at you for putting down
women?  Not to mention your insinuation that I
don't enjoy sex much.  You aren't exactly in a
position to be self-righteous about "malicious
agendas."

I'm not sure how you have "proved" anything to me.
You've made a claim about what you actually meant.

> Our class at MIU was mostly just out of high school, normal college
> kids.  We were not exposed to the celibacy weirdness that came
later.
>  So we had normal relationships and had sex like normal college
kids.
>  The later classes of MIU got the "sex is bad" message so they were
> conflicted about having sex, even in the context of committed
> relationships.  So my class had the most sex because we had not yet
> bee messed up my movement superstitions about sex as losing magic
> energy.  So your point was a made-up put down, and you can't admit
> you were wrong like a decent person

You were wrong in your first impression of what I
wrote--that I was accusing you of putting down
women--and I haven't seen you admit that.

And I haven't had a *chance* to admit I was wrong
about what *I* actually meant until this post.  I'm
happy to take your claim in the post I'm responding
to at face value and acknowledge that I misunderstood
what you were getting at.

I guess I was misled by some of your previous
remarks, and those of a couple of the other men
here, which have seemed to me to put a premium on
sex for its own sake.  That isn't what you were doing
in this post.  I should have commented on those
earlier ones rather than waiting until this post.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: