I think others have answered this question but I might offer some info
based on my own experience. When I was leading a very sattvic life in
many respects this one elderly Pundit who could see auras commented
favorably on mine and after a short discussion suggested I could do
Gayatri. I soon had a terrible omen dream where I saw stars moving
wildly like the earth was falling out of its normal orbit. I mentioned
this to that Pundit and he immediately said that I must be eating
meat. I said occaisionally yes and he said "you are not qualified to
do gayatri"  But he said if I became pure vegetarian and did a full
repetition of the Guru planet mantra during that year ( its the one
that is approx "Devanaancha rishi naancha gurum kanchansannibham
bhudhibhutam...)in addition to what I was already doing then I could
do Gayatri. I never tried.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shukra69" <stephen4359@> wrote:
> >
> > Don't try this unless you are a pure vegetarian (gayatri)
>
> Why not? What happens if a non-vegetarian chants the Gayatri?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: