> In a message dated 12/1/06 12:12:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Webb was  an invited guest. It is normal for a host to
> > > personally meet,  greet and chit chat with his guests.
> > > To not do so, would have  been bad manners and rude.This
> > > extreme hatred you claim is Bush's  is really your own
> > > hatred that you have for him and you can't see  beyond it.
> >
> > Yup, that's the way I saw it too. Bad manners on  Webb's part.
>
> Hmm, so because Webb snubbed him, Bush went after
> him  and pissed on him for opposing the war in Iraq.
>
> What a  guy.
>
> No, Bush didn't go after him or piss on him.

He most certainly did go after him.  Webb was doing his
best to avoid him.

 Bush just refused to talk
> politics with him at the event and gave him another opportunity to
be civil

If he were interested in being civil, he'd have said,
"Yes, I'd like the troops to come home too."  Nothing
the least bit political about that.  *Everybody* wants
the troops home.

> and say something nice about his own son. Why did this break
> in the media from Webb's point of view?

Because of Bush's refusal to be civil.  When
Webb said he wanted the troops to come home,
Bush snapped at him, "That's not what I asked you."
No way that can be interpreted as anything but
rude.

 It's because he is trying to piss on Bush, not the other