> On Dec 8, 2006, at 10:22 PM, kaladevi93 wrote:
>
> >> You mean like one of Mahesh's beautiful and primary students
recently
> >> going insane?
> >>
> >> Thanks for reminding me.
> >>

> > I'm sure Vaj might agree, he's mentioned it before here:
Dzogchen
> > begins where Unity
> > ends. At least that's the gist of Shearer's "official"
comments,
> > right Vaj?
>
> Well kinda. The basic Dzogchen transmission is the transmission
of
> what TMers might parrot as "Unity Consciousness". Shearer says
that
> different darshanas have different states of consciousness as
their
> goal and that Dzogchen's "darshana" (more precisely, it's drsti
or
> View) is that of Unity. So, yes, it begins there. But that is
only
> part of the story. Much of Dzogchen is beyond anything most Tm
people
> would understand. There is a certain amount of overlap if you
accept
> that Advaita Vedanta (as a darshana) and it's "result", brahma-
> chetana, is similar experientially to the acquisition of the
Dzogchen
> View. Of course TM does not lead to Buddhahood and would certainly
be
> considered a false path on a number of grounds. Most TMers don't
even
> comprehend that both TM and the TMSP are soundly part of the yoga
and
> samakhya darshanas, but expect to somehow, miraculously jump
paths
> and Views. Yoga darshana and samkhya darshana both have the same
> result: turiyatita ("CC"). What all of the TMers who claim
> "enlightenment" share in common is that they're describing vikeka-
> khyati, an impermanent state. And short of CC.
>
> It's extremely unpopular to point this failing out.
>

> > Thanks for having the courage to speak the truth.
>
> Thank you. :-)

Your quotes from above:

* Most TMers don't even comprehend that both TM and the TMSP are
soundly part of the yoga and samakhya darshanas...
* What all of the TMers who claim "enlightenment" share in common is
that they're describing vikeka-khyati, an impermanent state...
* Much of Dzogchen is beyond anything most Tm people would
understand...

I am quoting you above to highlight the arrogance and foolishness of
your grand pronouncements. For the sake of argument, let's say there
are 100,000 existing, active TMers, worldwide. Have you even spoken
personally with let's say 1,000 practitioners of TM- 1%- in enough
depth to assertain their beliefs? I can guess the answer.

It is absurd to think you can speak for "most TMers" or "all of the
TMers" or "most Tm people", as you state above. You obviously make
this stuff up as you go along.

I know you've discovered something that is very special to you, and
works for you. Granted. Good for you!

But to continue to spread your distortions about TM under the guise
of somehow 'speaking the truth' for all of us supposedly naive and
uninformed souls, is laughable.

Perhaps it is the self-sufficiency of TM that bothers you- no
complex intellectual traditions, or direct transmissions from the
Master needed. Just plain old TM leading to plain old Realization.
Complete, eternal, and timeless. Simply Everything. Could it be that
easy? Yep.