In a message dated 1/2/07 12:22:00 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

At the  very least, we can say Saddam was misguided, or went astray.
He had his  own intepretation of his Muslim faith. He apparently
believed that the end  justifies the means.

This failure to make the right choice of actions  is the main cause to
all of the problems today, specifically those that  are related to
religion and dogmas.

The initial failure may start  on a personal basis, such as verbal
criticisms or hatred. If not caught  early this error can snowball
into a full scale war resulting in the  deaths of many lives, as we
see in Iraq and Afghanistan  today.

This is really really putting it mildly. Saddam's own mother tried to  abort
him. He grew up murdering people and associating with murderers. He was
involved in assassination attempts and once he seized power he killed those he
didn't trust.< There is no comparison to the wars he started and the current
wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Saddam's war with Iran started over an oil rich
strip of land he wanted and millions died for it. His war with the
U.N.coalition, was over his attempt to annex a sovereign, oil rich country,
Kuwait.
Saddam killed via murder, war, and genocide for his own  personal power and
glory.