--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>
> > Goodness knows your ability with *written* language
> > is way above average!
>
> Why, thanks! I think that's because time is not
> a crucial factor when one is writing. It's really
> weird that sometimes I feel it's easier for me
> to write in English than in my own language.

You know, when I wrote that, I had completely
forgotten that English wasn't your native language.
That's how good your written English is.

> It's no wonder English is so popular all
> over the world. I don't recall ever seriously
> having studied English, but if I had to try to
> write something in Sanskrit, which I've tried
> to learn much more than English, that would remain
> a hopeless attempt, I'm afraid.

I have the impression that Sanskrit is vastly more
complex than English, so that wouldn't be
surprising.

> > In any case, since I know you only via how and what
> > you write, I don't really have anything useful to
> > offer.  All I can say is, over the years I've
> > gotten the distinct impression that you worry about
> > yourself too much--and I should think that anxiety
> > could very well interfere with your "live" social
> > interactions.
>
> That might well be true. I can recall that during my siddhis
> flying block, or whatever, eating with over a hundred other
> people was most of the time really mentally painful, but
> during the last days, when I think most people started
> hopping, the atmosphere somehow softened, and I occasionally
> enjoyed eating ice-cream with a couple of other participants.
>
> A couple of years back an AV-consultant told me that my
> basic health is good, but something (obviously extremely
> traumatic) has happened at some point of my life. I recently
> realized what that might have been, but I don't have any
> kind of recollection of that incident. My mother is dead,
> so I can't ask her about the details of that probably quite a
> traumatic event. But that might explain why over the years
> especially women have asked me what I'm afraid of. I'm
> not usually even very clearly aware that I'm afraid of them.

Good grief.  You could always try hypnosis to recover
the memory, I suppose.  But that in itself would
probably be pretty traumatic if there had been such
an incident.  You'd want to work with a very good
professional who could help you with the fallout.

> After my siddhis course when I did the program regularly
> at home, I noticed that babies started to smile at me.
> One totally stranger even called me "father" on the street!
> So, I don't know what might have happened if I'd continued
> to do the siddhis regularly, but the negative consequencies
> were so annoying that I lost my motivation to do them.
> I felt that my karma started to ripen too fast, or something.

Well, you could always try starting again and see
what happens.  Maybe having taken a break will make
a difference.  Having babies smile at you is one of
life's greatest blessings, after all!