  From: Vaj
  To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 4:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Cosmic Consciousness or Personality Disorder

  On Jan 14, 2007, at 1:50 PM, sparaig wrote:

      On Jan 14, 2007, at 2:32 AM, sparaig wrote:

        I question this conclusion,. however. If you can think, you can

        meditate.

      Shouldn't that've read:

      If you can think, you *practice meditation* if you can *not think*,

      you can meditate?

    Er, no. People go for years and decades (or their entire lives) without
transcending, and yet

    they show much the same physiological changes in their brain.

  Er, yes. Of course you notice the same changes--they're still cogitating a
mantra! But they have failed in their meditation practice.

  They require more skillful means.