On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:06 AM, authfriend wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>>> just noting that for some people there can be a very
>>> powerful heart-value to intellectual knowledge
>>
>> We were talking about dry intellectual knowledge, for one thing.
>
> But I'm pointing out that "dry" is in the eye
> of the beholder.  What's "dry" for one person
> may be very rich and "juicy" for another.

Like for whom, exactly?  I would say that having to have the
heart-value in our lives is one thing that is fairly universal, and for
good reason--it's part and parcel of what makes us human. Millions of
years ago, caring for each other was the only thing that kept us from
being eaten alive.  Basically, it's hard-wired into our brains.

Nobody likes to be bored up the wall, Judy.  You can chat away all you
want, but your own feelings about the TMO (I believe you've said you
"loathed" the org, right?) speak for themselves.  And most others feel
the same way, or else we'd still be there, listening to such
scintillating tidbits  as, "When the point  collapses upon itself...
(Yawn)

>   For
>> another, I imagine that the above is true for very few, seeing as
>> how many have fled the TMO citing just that reason, amongst others.
>
> Could well be.  I wasn't suggesting it was common,
> just noting that the other ain't universal.

See above.