> On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:06 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>

> >> We were talking about dry intellectual knowledge, for one thing.
> >
> > But I'm pointing out that "dry" is in the eye
> > of the beholder.  What's "dry" for one person
> > may be very rich and "juicy" for another.
>
> Like for whom, exactly?

Like *me*, for one.  That's the point I was
making, Sal.  And I'm not alone by any means.

  I would say that having to have the
> heart-value in our lives is one thing that is fairly universal, and
for
> good reason--it's part and parcel of what makes us human. Millions
of
> years ago, caring for each other was the only thing that kept us
from
> being eaten alive.  Basically, it's hard-wired into our brains.

Right.  And for me, some kinds of intellectual
knowledge invoke that heart-value.

> Nobody likes to be bored up the wall, Judy.

Including me.

  You can chat away all you
> want, but your own feelings about the TMO (I believe you've said
you
> "loathed" the org, right?) speak for themselves.

I said it sucked.  I've probably said I loathed
it too.  That has nothing to do with what I'm
saying about intellectual knowledge having
heart-value for me.

  And most others feel
> the same way, or else we'd still be there, listening to such
> scintillating tidbits  as, "When the point  collapses upon
itself...
> (Yawn)

I never *was* in the TMO.  But my point is that
what some (perhaps most) find boring, others find
deeply emotionally moving.  Is that some kind of a
*problem* for you??

> >   For
> >> another, I imagine that the above is true for very few, seeing as
> >> how many have fled the TMO citing just that reason, amongst
others.

> > Could well be.  I wasn't suggesting it was common,
> > just noting that the other ain't universal.
> >

> See above.

No idea what point you think you're making here.
No idea why you're even arguing with me.

I described my experience of certain kinds of
intellectual knowledge.  What on earth are you
objecting to?