--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Chadwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Patrick, I remember you at M.I.U. - you were a year or two ahead of me - and
> you were
the absolute epitome of the tall-guy-in-the-shirt-and-tie:  always upbeat,
positive
outlooking, a real leader.  Susan Levin was my small group advisor for awhile
and certainly
I thought she was the bomb:  from her came compassionate, insightful advice
often
everyday.  What great teachers!  Weinless - mathematics Ph.D. from M.I.T. at
19.  Domash.
Art and Elaine Aron - for sensitive people indeed (do read her books).  (And
then don't
forget the Bleach Boys).  Michael (I can't remember his last name) taught
"rhythmic
dictation" for a .5 credit at night (I beliveve Linda.Egnes was in that class)
and then
brought his guitar teacher - Chuck Wayne, for garsh sakes! - in one night to
play to us.
Ali Akbar Kahn - Ravi Shankar's elder and teacher - played the snack bar (or
somewhere, I
can't remember - maybe it was the old gym).  The bars in town even started
serving Coors
into all us of-age
>  eighteenyearolds (and who was going to catch us, Dennis Raimondi?)  What a
> great
time.  All those incredible science courses taught by real, serious types like
biologist David
Wong.  Even Bargerstock was funny.  John Richter, Spinoza himself.  And at the
end of the
day - Harry Pavelka to swear at us and tell us to shut the f-up.  The school I
transferred to
took every credit in trade.  It was worth every cent.

Sounds like a wonderful time!!