--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor"
> > <uns_tressor@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, bob_brigante <no_reply@>

> > Sthapatya
> > new
> > many
> > is
> > be
> > >
> > > And don't build homes near railway lines. Some electric locomotives
> > > pull 2000amp at three phase (415v). That will give a lot of gauss.
> > > Uns.
> > >
> > I can appreciate the intentions of this article to raise the general
> > awareness of the pervasive and chaotic nature of electromagnetic
> > radiation, and possibly no one would pay any attention if it weren't
> > written in such an uncompromising fashion. However my house when I
> > lived in the DC area was located near a green belt with high voltage
> > transmission towers running through it, and despite that I had some
> > of my best individual spiritual experiences there, and remain in
> > pretty much perfect health. So, something to be aware of, and
> > perhaps take into consideration for long-term urban planning, but
> > nothing to worry about.
> >

> ++ Do you think it is a one size fits all or, maybe a case by case
> situation.
>    Should the whole issue be any concern of the "invincibles"
>    In my expierience of working with welding for the last fifty years
> with being near cables with either DC or AC power in them, I don't
> think it has contributed greatly to my present level of brain damage.
>      Thanks. N.

How's your BC coming along?

It is QUITE possible that exposure to EM radiation can effect the brain in
subtle ways.
There are already therapies where this effect is used to counteract various
kinds of
behavioral/emotional disorders, but these are carefully (within some
ill-defined definition
of the word) administered doses and frequences, not some random, high-level,
and
ongoing dose.

There's also plenty of evidence that using cell phones changes the physical
activity of the
brain, at least DURING the use of the phone. The scare over the possibilty of
brain cancer
due to cell phone use is because the engineer who invented them died of an
exteremly
rare form of brain cancer on the side of the head where he was keeping his
proto-type
phone. Motorola rethought the engineering of the entire project and reduced
cell-phone
EM emmissions *drastically* in order to bring the possibility of brain cancer
caused by cell
phones down to the margin of error for the studies that test for such things.
If you look at
the brain imaging studies of little kids while they're using cell phones, the
physical
changes spread throughout their entire brain, whereas with adults, the effect
is localized
so most scientists (outside Motorola's of course) recommend that little kids
use cell
phones very seldom if at all.

Regardless, the scientific truth is that there is no such thing as a minimum
dose of
radiation: ALL radiation doses are accumulative over time, and to dismiss
worries about
more subtle and difficult to detect side-effects than brain cancer due to cell
phones and
other EM sources, is, well, silly.

That said, I still use my computer, and I use a base-station wireless phone and
I'm willing
to use someone ELSE's cell phone when it is handed to me, but I don't walk
around
chatting with people the way some do and I'm happy that I'm not living beneath
a high-
voltage power line.