--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of TurquoiseB
> Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 5:09 AM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Latest from Sam Harris, 2-8-07
> >

> > I'm suggesting that your mirror is as abnormal as
> > any other, and that its reflections of the universe
> > are as distorted as anyone else's. Can you accept
> > that, in...dare I use the term...humility, or do you
> > hold that your perceptions reflect some kind of
> > "truth?" Just curious...
>
> Is everyone's mirror equally abnormal?

In my opinion, yes.

> If so, what's normal?

A guy named Abby Normal...unfortunately deceased.
They used his brain to make the creature in
"Young Frankenstein." :-)

> Why couldn't Jim's mirror be clearer than
> most, though still not perfect?

He certainly believes that it is. He's unwilling
to consider any other possibility.

That unwillingness is what I'm commenting on.

> I think clarity of human perception is a
> spectrum ranging from extremely distorted to
> almost crystal clear.

Very possibly, but who do you trust to judge
the clarity or the distortion?