--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, taskcentered <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Actually, Billy G. I'm a Hindu--although I've bounced back and forth
> from Hinduism and Buddhism in the past. I was raised a Catholic, but
> left the Church in my teens. By 8th grade, I found Eastern thought
> much more interesting and satisfying than Christian thought.
>
> It's always interesting to me when TM proponents suggest that I may
be
> Christian. Doesn't TM support all religions? Why would
Christianity --
> even fundamental Christianity -- be an exception?
>
> I believe it's because the first group to object to Transcendental
> Meditation and the Maharishi were conservative Christians. They saw
> the obvious conflicts between their religion and TM and SCI. And
they
> acted on it: They attempted to have TM banned in public schools.
>
> Despite being a devout Shaivite, I think they were right. Religion
> just doesn't have a place in public schools.
>
> But I digress.
>
> I am not a Christian. I do not accept Christ as my Lord and Savior.
> have pictures and statues of Shiva, Ganesh, Buddha, and Saraswati
all
> around me.
>
> If you like, Billy G, I'm quite happy to post your question and my
> response on TM-Free Blog.

Holy Cow! Maybe there is hope for you after all! But even I am not a
Hindu, although I try to practice all of Patanjali's eight limbs of
Yoga, including Bramacharya! Happy to hear you're not a,...a Freak!

If you like I'll counterpost your response to my question on
Fairfield Life......we can have dueling counterposts, :-) Just
kiddin' go ahead. BillyG.

P.S.Your arguments have some merit, and you may have even been
tricked into starting TM on the assumption it was just a simple
mental technique, I'll concede that. I don't gripe about it though,
since I know, had MMY come to the west teaching classical Yoga I
probably wouldn't be meditating today and Mantra meditation as taught
by MMY has done so much for me to date.

Helen Lutes reportedly once said: "MMY tricked us into meditating",
well maybe so, but I'm the better off for it.