--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], MDixon6569@ wrote:
> >
> > I think the girls were pushed into this mess by powers
> > greater than themselves to meet a political agenda.
>
> That's my take on it as well. They were more
> the victims of a political power play than they
> were of Imus' words.

Looking at this situation from France, you're
obviously poorly informed as to how widespread
and spontaneous the outrage was.  The politicians
certainly hopped on the bandwagon, but it was
already rolling and had picked up a huge head of
steam by that time.

> > If any of the girls were truly offended, it was appropriate
> > for Imus to apologies to them, not to Al Sharpton and Jesse
> > Jackson and grovel at their feet.
>
> But that wouldn't serve the interests of the
> political power play. Or the players.

It was Imus's idea to go on Sharpton's show.
People tried to talk him out of it, but he
insisted. It seems to have been his idea as
well to meet with the women.

<snip>
> They get to act like
> "good guys" for dumping Imus, but they started look-
> ing for another Big Mouth With An Attitude to replace
> him even before they made the announcement that he
> was fired.

And your evidence for this is...?