The hypocritical fallout continues. On NPR this morning they said that
Barak Obama made a show of giving back a few thousand donated by a
source connected to Imus while keeping David Geffin's 1.5 million
despite the fact that he produces some of the rappers like Snoop who
write stuff that is way more offensive to black women.

I always thought Imus was a dick, but I am pretty brainwashed by
Howard Stern's stories about him, I didn't listen to his show.  His
use of his ranch as a non profit institution may be the next scandal
that awaits him.

Judy made the distinction about his target of specific young women and
I agree that this was in a different category of scum than calling all
women "hos"  Imus called his own wife a "Green Ho" for her
environmental work.  It was a feeble attempt for an old man to seem
hip, adapting language that he couldn't pull off. But I heard the
basketball stars speak and I was struck by how far out of line he was.
 These payers are role models and they didn't deserve to have their
triumph get tarnished by this whole mess.  They sounded like they will
overcome this nonsense handily.

The weird thing is that Imus had already pulled off an impressive
switch from Shock Jock to interviewer of significant people in
society.  If he hadn't let his frat boy roots show he could have had a
fantastic and significant career in his twilight. Now he will never be
able to resurrect that part of his gig, anything he does will be the
boisterous braying of a kegger party.  I want to see how long it takes
for his young wife to abandon ship since he f'ed up her book gig.

With black slang terms saturating our culture, and a very strong knee
jerk chain reaction in place, I don't think much good is going to come
of this mess.  It just ensures that no politician can have any serious
dialog in the minefield of race, just as has been the fate of
legalizing drugs and other social issues that have gone under the no
talk rule.