My Dear qntmpkt:

On Apr 14, 2007, at 5:48 PM, qntmpkt wrote:

--Vaj, this is a thinly veiled attack on MMY's CC. You need some
REAL support on your positions: stop trying to lift yourself up by
your own bootstraps. First, read what MMY has said in his works:
Unity INCLUDES "witnessing" but goes beyond it into a full state of
integration: 100% silence and 100% activity.

Does it really depend on Mahesh OR should it instead depend on the results apparent in his steundets and their welfare?

I would hope the latter (his student's welfare).

OTOH: traditional Buddhism separates one out from active life;

I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional Buddhism". Is there a traditional Buddhism?

After all, isn't a school of awakening just a school of awakening? As I've said here more than once: IMO and IME "Buddhism", buddha-dharma, is an awakening-school, to the extent that it remains an "awakening school" it remains "Buddhism"; to the extent that it becomes "religious" and "other than an awakening school", "Buddhism" fails.

In other words: the only thing that I'd associate with the word "Buddhism" is a true awakening school (or uni-versity).

in
which one must become a monk in order to gain maximum benefits.

And, of course this is a false View (drsti), likely based on a POV of some previous century or millenium. That's not to say that some people do not benefit from the life of a monk. Some will. But not all. For all possible types of sentient beings there is a style of appropriate awakening.

We're all unique, thus the idea of infinite dharmas.

TM coupled with a suitable "infusion" program (I chant the Gayatri
mantra - works for me!); enables one to absorb and radiate the Bliss
M-Field into the environment; so that the active side of life is
enhanced.

Wow, dude you are way off program!

Of course, if one chooses to spend hours on end meditating and
watching the MMY channel; then one can easily sink into a
dissasociative state of Bliss (i.e. become a BN - Bliss Ninny).

Well my dear qntmpkt, this is precisely what I'm talking about. I should also point out that your own sense of innovation and recitation of the Vedic gayatri (while strictly off-the-program) is exactly the style of innovation I'm talking about...good for you!

To prevent that from occurring, don't slide into that trap; but
doing so is not peculiar to TM. Buddhists are well known for that;
and have virtually cornered a monopoly on BN)

Oh really? I'd be interested in what evidence you could provide. TIA.

Last for now, to use your twisted illogic, can we assume that since
one Buddhist has gone crazy while doing "mindfulness"; that the whold
program is warped?

Please provide a concrete example of this "mindfulness" meditation you describe and the insane person. TIA.

Your logic is highly flawed. You keep on trying to bash TM but
don't offer an alternative.
What's your program and agenda. Speak up, don't be shy!!. This is
the Internet: you can say anything you like.

Thanks, I've already said what I intended.

V.