--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (here I sound like edg, being sure I keep the ego
in check)

Lurky,

I think I'm on record for being helpless in the face of the ego's
powers to snatch identity out of my tightest grasp -- and then use it
like the skin off of the cop's face was used -- as a mask by Dr.
Hannibal Edg Lecter.

Yeah, ego is that hideous to me.  Having a personality is being
trapped inside a prison cell constructed entirely from meat.  Ego is a
meat mask the soul wears.

But without ego, they say that incarnation is Adam before the fall.
Maybe sorta cudda.

Keeping the ego in check?  Only the ego thinks it's a doer, so only
the ego can be said to do the checking.  Wolf guarding the hen house.

But it makes for some fine and subtle comedy.

Soul: BEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ego:  MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Funny, SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Like Ellen at the end of her opening monologue, now, all I can think
of to do is dance.

Let's all do the Monster Mash!  It'll be such a Thriller to have at
least another 28 Days and Nights of the Living Dead ganggervorting to
the Drag-Yer-Leg and Slough Off Shuffle by Magog and the Moldy Hearts.

Edg