A lot of good points have been made about ways of handling suffering
eg Marek's concerning putting the attention away from suffering, on
attention itself - hence manage to transcend suffering; or by
embracing suffering/demons eg Rory or Jim. I can see the wisdom in
all this. Am also impressed with some of the reported experiences.

Raging against the clouds will not make the sun shine back any
sooner. In the end we seem to have to do the rope trick in reverse -
pretend the snake is just a rope. Become more immune to it at any
rate. For instance raging anger needs to subside into indifference or
equanimity, in order for us to transcend duality. This is where a
leap of faith is required, at least before enlightenment - that this
is not just wishful thinking, that goodness can and will overcome
evil in the end.

However my focus was on the dynamics of Unity giving RISE to creation
as discussed in recent webcast conferences - the rope/snake comment
by MMY, the risposte by Hagelin concerning different perspectives of
his Unity equations. And the inherent "covering" of ignorance and
forgetfulness MMY noted between silence and dynamism.

So on the one hand we have the view of creation arising from the
precise, sequential unfoldment of the Laws of Nature reputedly
working "without problems" - excuse me, what about suffering, was my
question. Where is the unifiedfield chart connecting physics with
moral philosophy, karma etc? And what evidence is there in nature of
moral values anyway?

On the other hand this veil of ignorance & forgetting implicated in
the unified field itself (therefore preceding karma and personal sin)
might give rise to Laws of Nature that themselves only APPEAR
intelligent. Some physicists believe for instance that there are
multiple univereses and in this one the laws just so happen
to "work", but the underlying process is still blind chance. Another
take on the rope/snake analogy.

God = mad, bad or a fool? Well maybe I've been a little too harsh
here - sorry God..

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <rorygoff@>
> wrote:
> > YES! This is what I meant when I said there is a place inside
> where
> > the Purusha deeply hates and fears the Prakriti, and vice versa.
> > Coming upon the Purusha's utterly helpless imprisonment within
the
> > bodymind-world-prakriti stymied me for a moment, as this seemed
> be
> > the ultimate demonic Hell. Then I remembered the approach which
> has
> > generally worked for me in the past: When I meet a demon, I
> embrace
> > it. Since the demon here seemed to be the whole of physical
> creation,
> > I embraced it. Wow! Just under that horror of separation/hate was
> the
> > passionate Understanding of the intimacy of the world as my body,
> as
> > my LOVE!
> >
> > *L*L*L*
> >
> This is a process I go through continually, and I find it the most
> instructive to challenge and resolve those feelings of revulsion I
> feel the strongest. It is easy for all of us to continue to love
> that which we naturally love; babies, flowers, a blue sky, and yet
> we are constantly given the opportunity, the sign-post, to be
> pointed at those elements of Creation which we detest, simply
> because that negative attraction is so strong, that when confronted
> by it, we either reinforce our dislike of that, and in turn
> reinforce our boundaries, literally, or find a way, a strategy, a
> breakthrough on how to incorporate that which we have so disliked
> and find that rather than it being the proverbial brick wall,
behind
> the brick wall, beyond that nasty person, that barking dog, that
> sinful President, lies a doorway to infinitely greater and fuller
> worlds. Not in a facile, "oh I forgive you" way that has been
> mouthed emptily for so long, but rather a genuine acceptance and
> full integration of that which challenges us so greatly, to the
> point where an honest appraisal of ourselves has to be squarely
> modified; we are not the nice person we think we are when faced
with
> such challenges presented to us on the silver platter of the
Divine.