> But I think that you know (and, like me, have probably
> seen it happen) that even if the legal system found some-
> thing dreadfully illegal about the TMO's activities, or
> about Marharishi's activies, there are people who would
> *refuse* to believe a word of it. Their trust in their
> existing beliefs is stronger than their trust in the
> legal system.
>
> So, again, why even *bother* to try to sway those beliefs?
> We can talk about the things we believe here, and they
> can talk about the things they believe in the groups they
> hang with. No harm, no foul, no need for either "side"
> to try to convince the other that it's "right." To do
> so just seems like an awful waste of time and energy
> to me.

Yes, that is fine Turq on one level, except that practically, you
live in France and we live here, with a 300lbs gorrilla on the loose
in the neighborhood.

People here judge the situation personally, all the time.  That is
also in a reality of practical things of the living of the thing.  Is
part of the fun and also is what makes the whole story the
interesting human material that it is.

Have a nice day,

-Doug in FF