--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<snip>
> > You're making the leap you were intended to make
> > here, dude, thinking "racism" when you should be
> > thinking "trying to convert someone else of the
> > unquestionable correctness of your spiritual beliefs.
>
> "I SHOULD be thinking". You are telling me how I should think?
>
> > It's EASY to justify impassioned debate if you can
> > pretend you're "fighting racism."
>
> Racism was an example Judy brought up. I find, as I assume
> she does, that when one generalizes about a specific set of
> situations (e.g., trying to convert others unquestionable
> correctness of your spiritual beliefs", its useful to look
> at that generalized observation in a broader context to see
> if it still flies. Racism was an example to do that. I was
> not trying to take the discussion off topic (nor was she,
> I beleive); my post ended back "on topic".

Precisely.  And Barry understood what I was saying
too, in his earlier post, when it served his purposes.
Now it serves his purposes to claim my post was an
attempt to distract from the discussion.

Well, everyone has the right to change his mind.
Would Barry be willing to say he was wrong in his
earlier post to consider my post relevant to the
discussion?

Probably not a good idea to hold one's breath waiting
for his answer...