> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "qntmpkt" <qntmpkt@> wrote:
> >
> > Has a Jyotish and Yagya program.  CD's and DVD's available too.
> > http://www.expertvedicastrology.com
> >
> > As a US headquarters base in Hawaii, you can send US $ to their
> > HQ and not bother with converting $ to rupees.
>
> As to where your US $ go and your expected Return
> On Investment, I offer a crude start at validating
> the effect of Yagyas (as per the announced effect
> of the Yagya) vs. some kind of objective measure
> of its actual effect.
>
> The first link documents the announced intention of
> one Yagya offered by this fellow, and its cost ($11,000).
>
> http://www.expertvedicastrology.com/index.php?
pr=Yagya_for_World_Peace

> The second link documents the ongoing conflicts in
> the world during 2006:
>
> http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0904550.html
>
> It would seem that the benefactors who donated to this
> Yagya, other than the "feel good" benefit of contributing
> to a supposedly noble cause, got at least 20 continuing
> significant armed conflicts for their money. That's less
> than $500 US per war, which some would consider a bargain.
> One of the conflicts (the one in Sri Lanka, fairly close
> to the "broadcast tower" for the Yagya's Woo Woo Rays)
> actually had a four-year cease fire fall apart and revert
> to armed conflict again shortly after the Yagya was
> performed.
>
> T'would seem that either the gods aren't listening, or
> perhaps the 121 pundits got the pronunciation of one of
> the verses slightly wrong. Either that, or the Yagya
> was a total success, and accomplished its intended effect
> (bringing in $11,000) perfectly.

Even if the Yagya brings less than what you have defined as total
success, is that justification for not doing it at all? I don't get
that logic. It is not a black and white world, imo. Your comment is
like finding out from the physician that to attempt to cure your
total inability to walk will result in walking with a pronounced
limp, so you then declare to the doctor, "well then, forget it, I'll
continue in my wheelchair". ??? I would add that like any endeavor,
large or small, intution and common sense are the best guides on
whether or not to proceed. :-)