--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Judy: "First you say the Absolute can be found only by the mind
> ceasing to exist; then you say when the mind ceases to exist at the
> end of the mantra trail, there can be no finding of the Absolute.
> Huh??"
>
> Edg: Let the poetry begin.  Shotgun time.  Hopefully a pellet or two
> will hit the target.

Nope, sorry, not this target.

Can the Absolute be found only by the mind ceasing
to exist?

Or can there be no finding of the Absolute when
the mind ceases to exist?

(See quote above.)

<snip>
> Judy:   Let me ask you something, though. Where do you (if you do)
> fit Brahman into your scheme?
>
> Edg:  I hold that the word Brahman is best used as a synonym for
> the Absolute.

Here's Nagarjuna's Four Negations:

Brahman is not the relative.
Brahman is not the Absolute.
Brahman is not the relative and the Absolute.
Brahman is not neither the relative nor the Absolute.

Each of these negations was the conclusion of
a rigorous logical process, each responding to a
question: "Is Brahman the relative?" "Is Brahman
the Absolute?" "Is Brahman the relative and the
Absolute?" "Is Brahman neither the relative nor
the Absolute?"

That's the Advaita take on Brahman, in other
words--no matter what you say about It, you're
wrong.

>From what I can painfully glean from your
exchanges with Barry, and your response just
now, you think Brahman is the Absolute, and
Barry thinks Brahman is both Absolute and
relative.