"Just something  > to think about the next time you're whining and
moaning musically  > about how hard life is on the planet for a rich
white kid. Singing  > the blues? LOL!:-)"

Defining blues as "whining and moaning musically" demeans the artists
 who described the human condition with such artistic  precision, that
we hear the echoes of their musical genius every time we turn on the
radio and hear country music, rock or hip hop. Thinking of blues
artists as only expressing their own cultural and racial realities of
their time is a limited understanding of their artistic achievement,
which has completely transcended their time and place and permeates
all modern music. Far from being treated "like dogs" they were the
rock stars of their day and earned more in a Saturday night then the
farmers who tipped them earned all week in the fields.

I played for a wedding today that was 90% black.  They gave me a note
giving me permission to play blues if I am ever challenged by any
ignorant white boy.  I'll send you a copy.