> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> Him:
> > No, I don't have time to clarify my position right now but you
> might
> > remember that I don't doubt the notion of continuous witnessing
> (in fact,
> > I've had very long stretches of it) nor even of "celestial
vision/
> god
> > consciousness" (though it is defined and described variously);
> it's just
> > that direct experiences has taught me that these experiences are
> not very
> > valuable.  I don't call these states enlightenment, thought they
> DO fit
> > the Hindu model of what the term (in it's various forms: bodhi,
> > jivanmukta, brahmavidya, etc.) means.
>
> This reminds me of what Rory said a few posts back about CC, GC and
> UC being transitory states. I remember distinctly "peaking" on GC
> experiences; seeing angels, Deities, Galactic visions away from
> earth, Guru Dev, blah, blah, blah, and through it all, I was
> definitely NOT enlightened.
>
> My vision was certainly clear, and this  skill I picked up by
> practicing siddhis has stayed with me, but just because I could see
> such things, and dwell in both Heaven and Hell didn't mean that I
> had achieved my eternal freedom, Self Realization, or enlightenment
> yet.:-)

Yes, I have found as long as "I" am claiming C.C., G.C., or U.C.,
and "Brahman" has not yet claimed "me," I am not fully liberated, and
am still attached or bound to experience.

Along these same lines, when you were asking about how we fall into
ignorance, I find that consciousness *constantly* collapses into the
particle, to experience the effect of our causative and innocent
thought as a created being, to enter into the world of our own
making. If the consciousness *believes* the particle-experience, or
is caught in a given belief, it identifies with the concreteness of
the effect and forgets the subtle simplicity of its own cause; it
finds the bindu to be binding, and experiences the ignorance of the
particle, or more accurately the particle's ignorance of the freedom
of ourself, of That-Self.

When we remember "Oh, yes, this particle-experience is not me; it is
only one infinitesimal particle in the emptiful, Indefinable,
Ungraspable That-Self," then Brahman remembers itself, and acts as
the "Cosmic Consciousness" of the particle -- and so on, as described
earlier :-)