--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
snip

> > And the alternative is?:-)
>
> There is an ego discussion in here. Some wants to kill/destroy the
ego,
> if that is possible what would happen ? Whole ideologies are
formed
> around this way of thinking.
>
> Maharishi has a different approach (as usual) saying something to
the
> effect that the ego should expand until it reaches cosmic
proportions.

> Jim, what is your opinion ?

It is a very interesting question, and probably subject to quite a
bit of misintepretation, especially by The Three Stooges we have
here, but I'll give it a shot:

ego = sense of self. No more and no less. A convenient mechanism so
that we can subjectively identify ourselves. People sometimes say
that they want to kill the ego, but what they really want to do is
kill their sense of self, which prior to enlightenment can be
stifling and unsatisfying and unfulfilling at times.

So the way to solve the problem is to modify the sense of self, from
something constricting and disconnected from life, to something all
encompassing and in perfect union, perfect symmetry, perfect
connectedness with life itself. Then the mechanism, the pointer that
is called "ego" remains, only it is no longer pointing to something
dissatisfying.

The ego continues to define our sense of self, except that now the
Self has become something able to bring satisfaction and fulfillment
in every situation. The ego is said to become cosmic. Not out of a
sense of domination or superiority, but rather because it can
effortlessly take on the attributes of omniscience, omnipresence,
infinity, larger than the largest, smaller than the smallest, and
everything in between.

There is nothing wrong with the ego, and it is impossible to kill or
dissolve anyway, so, instead, we change our sense of self and we are
completely satisfied with our ego.:-)