--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Judy wrote: "But how would it work, exactly? What does "write to me"
> mean on a forum like this? Address the person directly, by name? name?
> Comment on one of the person's posts, or on their behavior name?"
>
> Edg:
>
> Good questions!
>
> I'd say that if I start a thread, then none on my black list can
> respond to it.  They might quote from the thread or blast me in other
> threads and to that I'd say that I should have no recourse.

Sorry, that idea is silly. That would turn this board into Bevan and
Sharalyn's idea of utopia. For example, some will simply post,
inacuracies, weak or ego-driven ideas and concepts, undue slams,
often with large holes of logic, or sugar coated love-fests, and then
ban anyone they know who might provide some sanity and clarity. Some
would ban everyone and just mumble, vent, ramble or love-rest on. What
an exciting read FFL would become.

> > But at least inside "my" thread, I could be assured that those posting
> would not be trollish -- though for sure I would get some serious
> challenges.  I would not have you, Judy, on my black list by the
> way....unless you push just a titch past the standards you usually
> uphold.  When you called me a liar and a fuckhead, you were provoked
> by me to do so, and, as you have thoroughly rubbed my nose into the
> fact, I asked for it.  However, I do think that Barry would be wise to
> black list you, and you him.

If Judy or anyone calls you a liar or fuckhead, they should be banned
for a week. Thats gratuatious flaming and is against the guidelines.
If on the other hand, Judy or anyone says "Your ideas appear weak to
me, for the following reasons .. . an she cites them without insulting
you directly .. , without trying to get inside your head and telling
us her perception of your (alleged) perverse motives for posting such
-- and perhaps optionally says 'But I really enjoyed your post last
wee..'" then that is good and find.

> If someone besmirches me in another thread, then if I'm not black
> listed there, I can respond with all the negativity I want --

No you can't -- and should not - if you mean negativity directed at
them -- that is insults, speculating on your view of their perverse
(alleged) motives and personality disorders etc. If you do that, you
should be banned for a week. Adhere to the guidelines and thrive in a
dynamic, robust, crazy, yet respectful world of FFL. Ignore the
Guidelines, then move one, create your own flame board.

risking
> that I will be black listed for doing so by "the thread's owner," so
> I'll be hard pressed to not lose my posting privileges on certain
> threads or risk my alienating posters who I want to engage but whom
> have not black listed the trolls.  A political thingy!

Why even go near or towards the edge. Err on the side of niceness,
consideration and respect. That in no way impinges on your ability to
thoroughly critic another's ideas.