--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Bronte wrote:
>
>   "That analogy someone gave of the old Western town is apropos, I
> think. Only when he said the peaceful townspeople ignore the rought
> bunch and just go on their way, it didn't work out like that. The
> peaceful townspeople were always getting caught in the crossfire."
>
> Curtis wrote:
>
> People don't have to read posts. They are not like bullets that
> intersect with your life without invitation. This analogy doesn't
> work for me.
>
> Bronte:
>
> They are, though. In my own experience, I made a post a
> couple weeks ago and got stuff back like "bronte baxter --
> the faggy guy with the girly name."

For the record, Bronte, that was what we around
here call a joke. One is supposed to laugh at
such things, not get all offended by them.

It might help you to put it in perspective that
what I was replying TO when I made that crack
was some newbie getting all pompous and trying
(in her first post to the forum, no less) to
lecture everyone here on how they should conduct
themselves, on a forum she had obviously not
spent very much time reading.

This is considered rude and inappropriate on
*any* Internet forum.

You might, as I suggested a couple of days ago,
consider "doing the work" yourself and giving
this place more of a try before you start trying
to change it into what *you* want it to be. It's
a group effort, and it is -- and will always be --
what the *group* as a whole wants it to be. You
are merely one tiny part of that group.

You've made some good points, and gotten a favor-
able reaction to many of them. Now it's time to
sit back and see how things work out, *not* to
keep lecturing people on how they just don't
understand things and you do. Does that latter
approach sound at all *familiar* to you from
the TMO? And haven't you said several times here
that you feel like you are a "victim" of it?

Don't victimize others in the same way. Give
this new policy a chance, eh?