> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > Give `em an inch and they'll take a mile. I'd say just keep a
> > scratch pad next to your computer and tally posts on that.
> > Low-tech but simple.
>
> If a notepad and one of those pointy things that leaves
> marks on paper is too low-tech for you (and I understand,
> because over the years I've definitely come to like the
> keyboard better than the pen), do what we nerds do. I
> don't know one who doesn't keep an editor window open
> at all times. Just in case we need it.

If only the editor windows could be web enabled. Not that this is
some huge issue, but I work on two or three notebook (mobile) PCs
every day, so anything that doesn't stay with the web is cumbersome.
I suppose I could save the editor pad as a file and email it to
yahoo when I move PCs, then open the email, cut and paste the new
total into another editor window, but I think I will just keep using
Yahoo advanced search + a fudge factor of ~5 posts as I am doing
now.:-)